Sunday, February 24, 2008

Challenge Sunday!

I have been working on Challenges for different sites today...

I am part (1/5th actually) of the newly created team 'Buttons & Bows' over on Aunty's Forum and have been busy making a painted challenge card and altered matchbox.

Here is our new signature logo for 'Buttons & Bows' made by the talented Jo from Siggy Shop.

Photobucket

The challenge for February is for our art pieces to have paint on it. This is my first attempt at using a Tilda stamp and I have stamped her onto watercoloured paper and painted her. I matted and layered different papers and inked the edges added false stitching and stamped a small Stampin' Up verse.

The flowers were pure white until I got my mitts on them and played aroundwith the watercolour paints on them to make them look antiqued well actually they look more dirty and distressed!

Photobucket

Next is my favourite bit, this is for a special challenge for the Button & Bows Team and the other teams over at Auntys Forum and it is to alter a matchbox - I really enjoyed doing this...

I have altered a small matchbox by covering it in K& Co. Life's Journey paper and sanding all the edges and covering in chalk to give it an aged look. I added some ribbon and a metal tag with string, some half pearls to the bottom to look like feet and a diamante brad to look like a handle...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The inside of the matchbox is covered in Life's Journey stripey paper and I added a K & Co. 3D sticker with 2 small white flowers.

Photobucket



I will put another section in with my Arty Girlz Challenge card :)

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Fab matchbox Angie - I love those papers

Jo said...

Oh WOW! Angie that is STUNNING!